About Me

My photo
Photography teacher with an incurable case of wanderlust. Easily excited by film cameras, lattes, a great song, old people, puppies, and making meaningful connections with my students.

Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Island Bound



Tomorrow I’ll be on a plane with a fellow teacher and 14 students en route to Fiji for a National Geographic photography expedition. After nearly a year of planning and preparation, it’s hard to believe we’re almost on our way. I’ve traveled quite a bit, but packing for this two week trip has been a real challenge. We’ll be staying in several places, even spending 5 days in a village on the island of Taveuni. I’m so looking forward to spending time with former students, getting to know new ones, and experiencing Fijian culture. I suppose I’ll practice assembling my mosquito net tonight.  Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment